As temperatures dip down and the wind picks up, you might need to adjust your skincare routine, just like you would your wardrobe. Your beauty routine might also need an update, especially if you love to play with seasonal trends. Indeed, a change in season usually means putting away bronzer, self-tanner and lightweight lotions, and investing in fall-friendly formulas like deeper shades and creamier products. Check out our list of 10 skincare and beauty products that’ll take you seamlessly into the fall.
1. Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment
- Why it’s hot: Thanks to strong UV rays, chlorine and salt water, your strands might’ve experienced some damage and dehydration this summer. So there’s a good chance that your hair could benefit from some major TLC. This restorative hair treatment features a special Ojon oil that moisturizes and strengthens your tresses and leaves hair manageable, silky and healthy. In addition, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and $5 from each sale will go to benefit The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
2. DuWop Eye Palettes Gray Eyes
- Why it’s hot: Gray is this season’s smoky eye. But there’s more to the allure of gray. According to makeup artist Troy Surratt, “it's flattering for every eye color and skin tone.” This beautiful eye palette features a base eyeshadow color, a lighter and deeper version of your base color, a high shimmer and a coordinating cream liner — making it simple to create a variety of looks.
3. SpaRitual Nail Lacquer Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
- Why it’s hot: Pink nail polish is timeless, pretty, natural and complements any skin tone. Plus, glitter is in this season, and this icy pink lacquer has a hint of sparkle. SpaRitual is also 100 percent vegan, so it’s free of DBP, formaldehyde and toluene.
4. Aura Cacia Sweet Almond Oil
- Why it’s hot: As temperatures start dropping and skin gets drier, it’s important to have a body oil around that moisturizes and nourishes your skin. This sweet almond oil, which is a natural source of fatty acids and lipids, is minimally processed so it retains its hydrating benefits. Plus, at the cost of one cappuccino, it won’t bust your beauty budget.
5. NIA24 Rapid Exfoliating Serum
- Why it’s hot: Using an exfoliant year-round is a must. Exfoliating the skin helps keep it healthy because it sloughs off dead skin cells, which can contribute to clogged pores and acne. Featuring plant-based exfoliating ingredients and niacin, this serum shrinks signs of sun damage and brightens skin tone. It’s also suitable for all skin types.
6. Neutrogena Healthy Defense SPF 30 Daily Moisturizer
- Why it’s hot: Sunscreen is always in! As the weather cools down and the sun retreats, you might be tempted to ease up on your sun care routine, but don’t. Sun damage is an issue all year. This noncomedogenic and hypo-allergenic formula provides broad-spectrum protection from UV rays. It keeps skin hydrated while protecting against damage and premature aging.
7. ATOPALM MLE Face Cream Duo
- Why it’s hot: Cold, dry air can lead to parched, red, irritated and itchy skin. And if you already have skin concerns like rosacea and eczema, you might experience flare-ups. So it’s a good idea to have a very gentle moisturizing formula on hand. ATOPALM MLE Face Cream is perfect for all skin types, especially individuals with dry or sensitive skin, rosacea, eczema or sun-damaged skin. This cream helps to hydrate, soothe and heal the skin. It’s also great after skincare procedures like microdermabrasion, laser therapy and chemical peels.
8. Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Intensive Moisturizing Hand Treatment
- Why it’s hot: Since cold weather is a big moisture zapper, this fall, your hands will need extra protection from cracking, peeling, roughness and dryness. The Winner of Glamour Magazine’s 20 Best Beauty Buys, this intense moisturizing hand treatment soothes weather-related woes like windburn, scraps, abrasions and rough spots. Plus, you can use it on any part of the body that needs moisture.
9. Smashbox Masquerade
- Why it’s hot: One of the fun parts about updating your routine for each season is getting to experiment with new beauty trends. The fall inevitably calls for darker and richer colors. This limited-edition palette features a variety of eye shadow shades, from the subtle to the dramatic, including gold, cabernet and shimmering navy. It also features some lighter shades for blending. Using a palette helps you customize your look for day and night.
10. NARS Single Eyeshadow – Daphne
- Why it’s hot: Purples are popular this fall, continuing with the theme of more opulent colors. According to renowned celebrity makeup artist Carmindy, “Opt for a muted eggplant or rich plum. Go for washes of the shade on lids rather than the full-on painted eye — that can look way overdone.” This deep violet is a beautiful option, and you can make it as soft or dramatic as you like. Plus, it’s a great multitasker, so you can use it as an eye shadow, eyeliner and on the eyebrows.
With its cooler weather, increasing winds and drier air, the fall calls for an update to both your skincare and beauty routine. That means creamier and gentler formulas. Plus, make sure you don’t stash your sunscreen away with your summer wardrobe — it’s critical year round! And when it comes to your beauty routine, consider trying darker, richer shades like deep violets, cabernet and navy.
Switch Up Your Skincare for Fall
10 Ways to Get Ready for Fall
A Step-by-Step Guide to the Perfect Pedicure