New Year's Eve is almost here, and you may be thinking, "I was barely ready for Christmas!" Not to worry! You can easily incorporate this season's beautiful trends to create an overall classy and up-to-date look. Turn up the glamour and always have fun!
- A smokin look.
- Have an eye-catching look this season with a sizzling smoky eye. Options abound whether you feel like subtle smokin or all out drama. If drama is what you want, then you shall have it by outlining the entire eye with a black pencil. Then apply a gray eye shadow on your eyelid and your lower lash line. For a softer look, In Style magazine suggests using a gray pencil and smudging the lines.
- 'Tis the season for jewel tones.
Nowadays jewel tones are all the rage. These gorgeous colors are everywhere, sauntering on the runaway or pictured in your favorite fashion magazines. And this holiday season is no exception. You can choose to wear a jewel toned top or dress in hues of saturated sapphire blues, ruby reds, deep purples or emerald greens. Strut your stuff in jewel toned stilettos or add big bold accessories to your outfit with a ruby red clutch and multi-colored chandelier earrings.
- Keep it classic.
- Elegant and enduring, the little black dress is always fashionable. To stay updated, WebMD recommends accessorizing with a sparkly or faux fur shrug, cape or wrap. If you love beadwork, choose elegant accessories embroidered with beads.
- Paint the town red.
- Whether you choose scarlet, burgundy or ruby, make your lips look extra special this holiday season. To keep your red vibrant instead of withering, In Style magazine recommends lining both lips entirely with lip liner, then using a brush to fill in the lines with your most dazzling red lipstick. When creating a red pout, make sure to play down your eyes with neutral tones. Let your lips be the standout. After all, it's not Halloween.
- Stand out with shimmer and sparkle.
- Add luscious shine to your lips with a touch of pale pink or metallic lip gloss applied over dark lips, suggests Ladies Home Journal. Finish by brushing a shimmery eye shadow over eyelids for an instant twinkle in your eyes. Shimmery powders can do double-duty when applied to cheekbones and under the brow bones with a large brush for an overall fresh and sparkling look, adds Ladies Home Journal. This keeps your look subtle. If you prefer to focus on cheeks, choose a shimmery blush instead.
Remember not to overdo the shimmer. A little shimmer will go a long way to achieving a bright and radiant look.
- Don't be a slave to fashion.
- A trend is only great if it looks great on you. Instead of trying to wear every trend, play up your best physical attributes, experts tell WebMD. If you have long legs, choose a shorter skirt. Got great shoulders? Opt for an off-the-shoulder top. If certain colors look best on you, choose those as well. Of course, don't be afraid to have fun with fashion while accentuating your best assets.
- Don't skip your skin care routine.
In the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, when you're running around, finishing up errands, and likely pretty stressed, you tend to wear your exhaustion on your skin. Try your best to stick with your skin care routine - a clear beautiful complexion is always in style.
- Beauty and the brows.
- We all know brows frame the face and can make or break your look. Beautiful manicured brows are always in! Cultivate thicker and fuller eye brows with Billion Dollar Brows Brow Boost, highlight your brow bones with their Duo Highlighter and give your eye brows a put-together polished look with BDB's Brow Gel.
- Breakfast at Tiffany's pearls with a twist.
- From timeless white or champagne pearls to a bold black necklace, this season's pearls take you from the iconic Tiffany's traditional to 2007's modern take. You can also play with lengths, from short strands to longer necklaces. But your affair with pearls doesn't have to end with a few strands; go with other accessories as well. In Style magazine illustrates some beautiful examples, including a white bag with pearl embellishments, a silver cuff with white pearls, and a classic pair of heels with pearl accents on the front.
Whatever tips you choose to follow, make sure you feel confident, vibrant and love your look. Here's to health, family, fabulous fashion and a very happy holiday!
Holiday Gift Guide for Men: Gifts Under $50
Sensational Stocking Stuffers on a Budget
Holiday Guide for the Ladies: Gifts Under $50